Sweet, festive, and unusual
Original recipe makes 36 squares
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
18 maraschino cherries, halved
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Combine flour and sugar. Cut butter into flour as for pie crust.
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While warm, cut into 36 squares. Place squares in pan lined with wax paper. Let cool.
- Place a cherry half on center of each, cut side down. Melt chocolate over low heat. Cover cherry with a spoonful of melted chocolate. Chill for a few minutes in refrigerator until chocolate is firm.
Calories: 69 kcal
Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
Cholesterol: 7 mg
Fat: 4 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 0.6 g
Sodium: 19 mg