Pumpkin cupcakes are great for the holidays, including Halloween and Thanksgiving. I make these cupcakes almost every holiday and my family loves it, even the little kids. I got this recipe from one of my teachers in school and I absolutely loved it.
Original recipe makes 36 servings
3 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick ®)
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 hr 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line 36 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat baking mix, pumpkin puree, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, 1/4 cup butter, milk, and pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed; spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Beat 2 cups confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract into creamed butter mixture on low speed until well mixed; increase to high speed and beat until fluffy. Gradually pour 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar into frosting and beat on medium speed until frosting is thickened.
- Spoon frosting into a resealable plastic bag and snip 1 corner. Pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
Calories: 197 kcal
Carbohydrates: 32.5 g
Cholesterol: 37 mg
Fat: 7.1 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Sodium: 201 mg