I was given this recipe from a good friend. It was really good. Then I toasted the coconut and almonds and it was really, really good! Great finger food for watching football and parties!
Original recipe makes 36 servings
1 (14 ounce) package sweetened shredded coconut
2 (6 ounce) packages slivered almonds
1 (14 ounce) box crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex®)
1 (12 ounce) box honey graham cereal (such as Golden Grahams®)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups corn syrup
1 1/2 cups butter
1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread coconut out on a baking sheet. Spread almonds onto a separate baking sheet.
- Bake coconut and almonds in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheets from oven and stir; continue cooking, stirring every 4 to 5 minutes, until coconut and almonds are golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine coconut, almonds, rice cereal squares, and honey graham cereal together in a large bowl.
- Bring white sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a boil in a saucepan. Heat to 240 degrees F (115 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface, about 10 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over cereal mixture and stir until well coated. Pour mixture out onto 2 baking sheets to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent clumping.
Calories: 349 kcal
Carbohydrates: 50.1 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Fat: 16 g
Fiber: 2.4 g
Protein: 3.4 g
Sodium: 279 mg