Vegan truffles with a Medjool date base, almonds, and coconut. Truffles can be eaten right away but are best when allowed to set in the fridge. Store up to 3 days.
Original recipe makes 12 servings
1 1/4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut, or to taste, divided
2 cups pitted Medjool dates
1 cup raw almonds
2 1/4 cups raw cocoa powder
1/2 cup cocoa nibs
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread coconut out on a baking sheet. Line a separate baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake coconut in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden and toasted, about 7 minutes.
- Blend dates and almonds together in a food processor until smooth; add cocoa powder and process until completely incorporated. Transfer date mixture to a bowl.
- Fold 1 cup toasted coconut, cocoa nibs, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and salt into date mixture until truffle dough is evenly mixed. Roll dough into tablespoon-size balls.
- Pour remaining toasted coconut into a shallow bowl. Roll truffle balls in toasted coconut to coat; place coated truffles on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate truffles until hardened, about 1 hour.
Calories: 337 kcal
Carbohydrates: 50.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 17.4 g
Fiber: 13.7 g
Protein: 7.3 g
Sodium: 209 mg