Caramel corn made with molasses and pumpkin pie spice is drizzled with dark melted wafers for a great autumn (or anytime!) snack.
Original recipe makes 16 servings
16 cups popped popcorn
1 cup salted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli® Dark Melting Wafers
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Pour popped popcorn into an extra large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses and pumpkin pie spice. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Immediately pour caramel sauce over the popcorn and stir to evenly coat the popcorn. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Pour caramel corn onto prepared baking sheets and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow caramel corn to cool completely. Melt Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers according to package directions and drizzle candy coating over cooled caramel corn. Allow candy coating to set and break caramel corn into pieces before serving.
Calories: 358 kcal
Carbohydrates: 38.4 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Fat: 23.3 g
Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 2.6 g
Sodium: 125 mg