Steve, my farmer friend, has kept me well supplied with zucchini. I was looking to make an original muffin recipe to thank him that would knock his socks off.
Original recipe makes 12 muffins
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare 12 muffin cups with liners.
- Mix 6 tablespoons flour and brown sugar together in a bowl; cut butter into the flour mixture until you have pea-sized crumbs.
- Beat margarine and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat egg and vanilla into the butter mixture.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; gradually beat into the butter mixture. Fold zucchini, cranberries, and walnuts into the mixture; spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling nearly to the top. Sprinkle topping mixture onto the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Calories: 283 kcal
Carbohydrates: 38.6 g
Cholesterol: 23 mg
Fat: 13.3 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Protein: 3.6 g
Sodium: 272 mg