Fun way to spice up a boring deviled egg. These eggs are filled with a spicy guacamole with a little egg yolk mashed in, and topped with bacon.
Original recipe makes 24 deviled eggs
6 slices bacon
3 avocados – halved, pitted, and mashed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1/2 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 hr 5 mins
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise. Scoop egg yolks out; place 3 to 6 egg yolks in a bowl, reserving remaining egg yolks for another use.
- Mash the 3 to 6 egg yolks with a fork; stir in avocado, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange egg whites cut-side-up on a serving platter. Spoon avocado mixture into egg whites.
- Chop bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; place bacon and paprika in a small bowl and toss to coat bacon. Top deviled eggs with bacon pieces.
Calories: 89 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2.6 g
Cholesterol: 108 mg
Fat: 7.2 g
Fiber: 1.8 g
Protein: 4.5 g
Sodium: 90 mg