I was bored with traditional deviled eggs and had been trying to find more ways to cook with avocados. I made these for a Kentucky Derby party and all 24 were gone within minutes! Next time I will need to make a double batch.
Original recipe makes 24 deviled eggs
2 avocados – halved, pitted, and mashed
1 small white onion, diced
1 plum (Roma) tomato, seeded and diced
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
24 pickled garlic cloves (such as Sonoma Farm Tex-Mex Sweet & Hot Garlic Cloves®)
8 pickled jalapeno pepper slices, minced
1 hr 55 mins
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Stir together mashed avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate guacamole, tightly covered, for 1 hour.
- Drain pickled garlic cloves and minced pickled jalapeno on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; set yolks aside for another use. Clean away any remaining yolk from egg white halves with a wet paper towel. Place egg whites cut-side up on a serving platter.
- Spoon a generous amount of guacamole into each egg white half; top each deviled egg with a pickled garlic clove. Sprinkle minced pickled jalapeno, salt, and black pepper over deviled eggs.
Calories: 70 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
Cholesterol: 106 mg
Fat: 5 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 3.7 g
Sodium: 96 mg