Two or three ripe bananas and some chocolate chips are a delicious combination in this banana bread. From the kitchen of Heather Hill.
Original recipe makes 10 servings
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
5 1/3 tablespoons Melt® Organic Buttery Spread
2/3 cup sugar (slightly less–see directions)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together in medium bowl the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat on high until light in color and texture, 2-3 minutes: the Melt® and a little less than 2/3 cups sugar.
- Beat in flour mixture until blended and consistency of brown sugar.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in just until combined the bananas and chocolate chips (sometimes I use half chocolate chips and half peanut butter chips).
- Bake 50-60 minutes and when toothpick comes out clean from center it is done!
- Promptly remove baked banana bread from loaf pan and let cool.
- Serve warm with an ice cold glass of milk!
Calories: 270 kcal
Carbohydrates: 41.9 g
Cholesterol: 42 mg
Fat: 11.1 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 3.9 g
Sodium: 253 mg