I have been baking with chocolate all week and this morning decided to make this banana bread. I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out but I have to say AMAZING! You really need to try this recipe! I’d better get down stairs to hide some before it is all gone.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon coconut oil, or more as needed
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 hr 10 mins
- Melt the chocolate, butter, and 1 teaspoon coconut oil in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Sift coconut flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Place mashed bananas in a large bowl; fold flour mixture into bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Beat almond butter and eggs together in a bowl until creamy; add to banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 banana mixture into prepared loaf pan; top with 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture. Use a fork to spread and swirl the chocolate mixture through the banana batter. Repeat with remaining banana batter and chocolate mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and loaf is cooked through, 50 minutes.
Calories: 355 kcal
Carbohydrates: 35.6 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Fat: 22.7 g
Fiber: 9.6 g
Protein: 8.9 g
Sodium: 293 mg