This is a very good recipe for apple crisp made with oatmeal. Serve warm or cold.
Original recipe makes 1 – 9×13 inch pan
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
2 quarts peeled, cored and sliced apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
- Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
Calories: 319 kcal
Carbohydrates: 42.5 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Fat: 16.2 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 115 mg