This is a nice chewy cookie that has the flavors of a good cinnamon roll. A family favorite.
Original recipe makes 36 servings
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup pecan pieces
12 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped, or more as needed
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Mix brown sugar, butter, and white sugar together in a separate bowl; add egg, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract; stir until well mixed.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture until dough is thoroughly combined; fold in white chocolate chips and pecans. Refrigerate dough until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes; rotate baking sheet and continue baking until cookies are golden brown, about 8 minutes more. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place caramels in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until melted, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drizzle melted caramel over cooled cookies.
Calories: 165 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17.9 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Fat: 9.9 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 2.1 g
Sodium: 151 mg