Cardamom and honey give these bars an exotic flavor. Pecans can easily be substituted for the walnuts if you prefer.
Original recipe makes 18 bars
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, extending the foil over the sides.
- Grease the foil with shortening or butter.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat the butter, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan until the butter melts and begins to boil.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well coated. Transfer to the prepared pan and press evenly with a spatula.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool on rack. Using the foil, lift out of the pan and place on cutting board. Cut into 18 bars.
Calories: 128 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Fat: 6.6 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Sodium: 30 mg