Some people don’t like chicken livers because of their taste, but this is awesome! If you don’t like it, at least you tried!
Original recipe makes 16 triangles
3 tablespoons softened butter, or as needed
8 slices bread
1/4 cup butter
1 pound fresh chicken livers, halved
2 slices prosciutto, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup Marsala wine
1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread softened butter evenly over both sides of each bread slice.
- Cook bread slices in hot skillet until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut grilled bread diagonally into 2 triangles.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken livers, prosciutto, sage, salt, and pepper in melted butter until the livers begin to firm, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken liver mixture from the skillet.
- Top each bread triangle with a portion of the chicken liver mixture.
- Pour Marsala wine into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food from the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon; simmer 3 minutes.
- Cook and stir 1 tablespoon butter in the Marsala wine mixture until melted; drizzle over the chicken liver topping.
Calories: 255 kcal
Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
Cholesterol: 238 mg
Fat: 15.8 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 11.7 g
Sodium: 495 mg