Simple and easy, these lightly toasted bread slices are topped with the wonderful flavor of marinated artichoke hearts and chopped black olives.
Original recipe makes 15 servings
15 small (2×2-inch) sourdough bread slices
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (2.5 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained and diced
1/2 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and brush tops with 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine artichoke hearts, olives, tomato, onion, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Spoon artichoke mixture onto the toasted bread slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Return bread slices to the oven; bake until artichoke mixture is heated through and Parmesan cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Calories: 105 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10.5 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Fat: 5.8 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 3.3 g
Sodium: 225 mg