This is one of our favorite Christmas Eve snacks. Corned beef and Swiss cheese melted on top of cocktail rye bread makes a perfect bite-sized treat.
Original recipe makes 18 servings
36 slices cocktail rye bread
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 pound canned corned beef, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack 6 inches from the heat source.
- Lay slices of rye bread out onto a baking sheet; toast under the broiler until lightly browned and fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Set toasts aside.
- Beat cream cheese and mustard together with an electric mixer on medium speed in a bowl until well blended.
- Stir corned beef, Swiss cheese, and green onion into cream cheese mixture until blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto toasted rye bread slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil in preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Calories: 122 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg
Fat: 6.7 g
Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 5.1 g
Sodium: 273 mg