Delicious, bite-sized party appetizers that can be made a day ahead and served cold. Easy to make and go in a flash. I made the puffs in the shape of footballs for a Super Bowl party.
Original recipe makes 48 puffs
2 1/2 cups finely chopped deli corned beef
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 cup beer
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the corned beef, onion, mustard, mayonnaise, and horseradish. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large pot, bring beer and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, split the puffs and fill with the corned beef mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 184 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9.8 g
Cholesterol: 107 mg
Fat: 12 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 8 g
Sodium: 515 mg