This recipe is a bite-sized version of Carnegie Deli’s most popular menu item, the Woody Allen Sandwich. Only a slight departure from the monster-sized menu staple, these RITZ mini sandwiches are flaky, delicious and fun to prepare. Using Carnegie Deli’s signature ingredients like Pastrami, Corned Beef, and homemade Russian dressing, your guests will feel like this party snack is straight from the deli counter.
Original recipe makes 10 servings
10 (0.4 oz) slices deli-sliced corned beef
10 (0.4 oz) slices deli-sliced pastrami
20 RITZ Crackers
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons ketchup
2 teaspoons pickle relish
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
Dash freshly ground pepper
- To make Russian Dressing, blend together the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Place 10 RITZ Crackers on tray. Put about 1/4 tsp Russian dressing onto each cracker.
- Cut corned beef and pastrami deli slices in half vertically.
- Put two pieces each of corned beef and pastrami on each cracker.
- Top with additional 1/4 tsp Russian dressing and remaining crackers to form sandwich.
Calories: 76 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Fat: 4.7 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 3.4 g
Sodium: 275 mg