These little appetizers are a great way to enjoy the flavors of blended meats and cheese on tasty rye bread slices. Great for the guys, Super Bowl® parties, whatever….
Original recipe makes 15 servings
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound ground sausage
1 pound processed cheese, cubed
16 ounces cocktail rye bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place ground beef and ground sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain fluids.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the processed cheese.
- Mix the melted processed cheese into the meat mixture. Spoon the blended mixture onto cocktail rye bread slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, until processed cheese begins to brown. Serve warm
Calories: 378 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17.8 g
Cholesterol: 68 mg
Fat: 25.8 g
Fiber: 1.8 g
Protein: 17.7 g
Sodium: 847 mg