Very easy little pizzas to make — my family counts on them for New Year’s Eve! This recipe uses plenty of melted cheese, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and a dash of ketchup, all mixed with beef and sausage. Perfect for preparing ahead and freezing!
Original recipe makes 15 servings
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 pound processed cheese food
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 (1 pound) loaf cocktail rye bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a medium baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place ground beef and ground pork sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Place processed cheese food in a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes, or until processed cheese food is melted.
- Into the bowl with melted processed cheese food, mix Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. When thoroughly blended, mix in beef and pork.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each slice of cocktail rye bread.
- Arrange cocktail rye bread slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
Calories: 291 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Cholesterol: 63 mg
Fat: 24.5 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 14.1 g
Sodium: 618 mg