Take those leftover hard boiled eggs and turn them into this tasty appetizer. The kids will really like these thick pieces of bread covered with a zesty egg and olive mixture.
Original recipe makes 16 servings
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend cream cheese, lemon juice, prepared Dijon-style mustard and ground black pepper. Stir in chopped eggs, olives and chives.
- Cut each bread slice into 4 triangles. Lay triangles flat and create a shallow hollow on the face of each. Brush with olive oil and fill with mixture from the bowl.
- Arrange slices on baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until bread is lightly toasted. Garnish with paprika before serving.
Calories: 55 kcal
Carbohydrates: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Fat: 4.8 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 2.8 g
Sodium: 86 mg