This recipe came to me by way of my brother. I enjoyed it at his home and asked for the recipe. It has become a standard dessert in our home. I enjoy it plain and sometimes I warm it up and put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on it. Either way, it is delicious.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
1 banana, cut into chunks
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (15.25 ounce) can apple pie filling, or more to taste
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
5 teaspoons milk
1 hr 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs and banana together in a bowl until smooth. Add cake mix and apple pie filling to eggs; beat until batter is combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Stir brown sugar, coconut, pecans, and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over batter in the baking dish. Swirl coconut mixture into batter using a knife or toothpick.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and milk together in a bowl until icing is smooth. Drizzle icing over the top of the hot cake. Cool cake in the baking dish to room temperature, cover the dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold.
Calories: 539 kcal
Carbohydrates: 96.5 g
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Fat: 15.7 g
Fiber: 3.2 g
Protein: 6.3 g
Sodium: 493 mg