This recipe has won one blue ribbon and one red ribbon. They’re chewy and have a wonderful flavor.
Original recipe makes 1 -9 inch square pan
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup raspberry preserves
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×9 inch square pan.
- In a mixer bowl combine the flour, 1/2 cup shortening and the sugar. Beat at low speed until crumbly. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine preserves , raisins and chocolate pieces, stirring until blended. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the honey and the butter or margarine. Cook and stir until melted. Stir in the oats, coconuts, almonds and sesame seeds until blended.
- Spread the raspberry preserve mixture over the hot crust, spoon oat mixture on top, spreading evenly to edges of pan. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into bars to serve.
Calories: 346 kcal
Carbohydrates: 49.7 g
Cholesterol: 7 mg
Fat: 16 g
Fiber: 1.7 g
Protein: 3.6 g
Sodium: 21 mg