This is a wonderful side dish, but on many occasions we make this our whole meal, along with a salad and bread!
Original recipe makes 6 servings
1 pound linguini pasta
1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 pinch garlic salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Steam broccoli with 2 tablespoons water in microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil and butter over low heat. Stir in garlic (more or less to suit your tastes) and red pepper slices; saute gently.
- Drain broccoli and add to skillet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and saute broccoli and peppers until soft.
- Toss vegetable mixture with hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 393 kcal
Carbohydrates: 60.5 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Fat: 11.2 g
Fiber: 5.6 g
Protein: 12.8 g
Sodium: 147 mg