A soft fudge brownie layered with peanut butter and topped with a Rice Krispies® treat. Serve cooled or at room temperature. Great for parties!
Original recipe makes 16 brownies
1 (18 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3/8 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
3 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies®)
1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and 2 eggs in a bowl until batter is smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Beat peanut butter, brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter together in another bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat 1 egg and vanilla into peanut butter mixture until fluffy. Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until just blended.
- Pour brownie batter in the prepared baking dish. Drop peanut butter mixture by small spoonfuls over the brownie batter.
- Bake brownies in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 30 minutes; cool.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted. Cook mixture until butter and marshmallow flavors are combined, about 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Spread 1/3 the marshmallow mixture over the cooled brownies. Stir crispy rice cereal into remaining 2/3 the marshmallow mixture; press in an even layer on top of the brownies. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes; cut into squares.
Calories: 384 kcal
Carbohydrates: 49.1 g
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Fat: 19.8 g
Fiber: 1.7 g
Protein: 5.8 g
Sodium: 291 mg