Chips made from flour tortillas which have been dipped in canola oil and then in a cinnamon-sugar mix and baked. They come out tasting like really crisp praline cinnamon chips.
Original recipe makes 4 servings
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
1/2 cup canola oil
1 (8 ounce) package flour tortillas, cut into 2-inch squares
- Stir sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, and black pepper in a shallow bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour canola oil into a separate bowl.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Dip tortilla squares into canola oil on both sides and press into the seasoned sugar mixture; arrange coated chips on baking sheets.
- Broil chips until sugar bubbles and chips are crisp, about 2 minutes; watch carefully to prevent burning. Turn the chips over and broil other sides until browned, another 2 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Calories: 397 kcal
Carbohydrates: 79.8 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 7.2 g
Fiber: 2.2 g
Protein: 4.8 g
Sodium: 364 mg