Tasty baked tortilla chips you make at home that are much better than store bought chips. Serve with your choice of salsas and garnishes.
Original recipe makes 6 servings
1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each tortilla into 8 chip sized wedges and arrange the wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- In a mister, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the chips.
- Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 8 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown. Serve with salsas, garnishes or guacamole.
Calories: 147 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 4.1 g
Fiber: 3.7 g
Protein: 3.3 g
Sodium: 418 mg