Some unconventional ingredients come together to make a wonderful, quick holiday appetizer. The pumpkin and cinnamon sea salt provide a subtle fall flavor. Enjoy!
Original recipe makes 20 appetizers
1/4 cup Diamond Crystal® Coarse Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons butter (no substitutions)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
20 mini fillo tart shells, thawed to room temperature
- Combine the Diamond Crystal® Coarse Sea Salt and cinnamon in a small bowl; stir until well mixed.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and saute pecans until golden brown, about 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Remove from heat.
- Beat together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, pumpkin puree, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne with an electric mixer on medium speed until completely combined.
- Place cheese mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a small open star tip (such as Ateco #21). Pipe mixture evenly into fillo shells.
- Top each tart with some of the pecans and a small amount of the cinnamon sea salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 hours until ready to serve.
Calories: 178 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7.2 g
Cholesterol: 33 mg
Fat: 14.6 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 4.5 g
Sodium: 3093 mg