This is a great little entree or appetizer. Ideal for a romantic meal for two!
Original recipe makes 8 mini tarts
1/2 sheet puff pastry
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Lay puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface and cut into 8 squares. Prick the squares in several places with a fork. Place the puff pastry squares on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the puff pastry squares for 7 minutes. Remove tray from the oven, flatten the squares using the backside of a spatula. Return puff pastry to the oven to bake until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over high heat. Cook and stir the mushrooms and garlic in the butter until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Top the baked puff pastry squares evenly with the mushroom mixture. Crumble goat cheese over mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley.
Calories: 630 kcal
Carbohydrates: 31.1 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Fat: 50.9 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 14.2 g
Sodium: 458 mg