These delicious baked wontons are filled with an edamame (soy bean) stuffing and are sure to please! For a dipping sauce, I recommend spicy Chinese-style hot mustard, teriyaki sauce, or my personal favorite, Kraft™ Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing.
Original recipe makes 28 wontons
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (12 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
28 wonton wrappers
1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the sesame and canola oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook for 10 seconds until fragrant. Add the frozen edamame, and cook until they are tender and beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Once browned, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Once the edamame have cooled slightly, place them into a blender along with the green onion, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Cover, and puree until smooth.
- To make the wontons: Separate and place the wonton wrappers onto your work surface. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the edamame filling onto the center of each wrapper. Use your finger or a pastry brush to lightly moisten the edges of the wonton wrappers with water. Fold one corner of the wrapper over the filling onto the opposite corner to form a triangle. Press the edges together to seal. Place onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with the salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the triangles are crisp and golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
Calories: 46 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
Cholesterol: < 1 mg
Fat: 1.3 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 2.4 g
Sodium: 172 mg