A white roll stuffed with cabbage, beef and onions.
Original recipe makes 16 servings
4 cups ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 cups shredded cabbage
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees F/40 to 45 degrees C)
1/3 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup instant dry milk powder
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 egg, beaten
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 hr 50 mins
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir ground beef and onion until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in cabbage and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Continue to cook and stir until cabbage is tender, about 20 more minutes. Set mixture aside to cool.
- Mix warm water and butter in a large bowl. Combine dry milk powder, sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and yeast in another bowl; stir into butter mixture. Add egg and gradually stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough is smooth.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface; cut into 4-inch squares. Scoop beef mixture into each dough square. Bring corners of a dough square together at the top and pinch corners together to seal. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and dough. Cover rolls with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Calories: 243 kcal
Carbohydrates: 31.3 g
Cholesterol: 43 mg
Fat: 8 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Protein: 10.9 g
Sodium: 444 mg