Good for breakfast or parties.
Original recipe makes 12 servings
1 pound bulk pork sausage
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened – divided
1 hr 20 mins
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Spread dough from 1 package of crescent rolls out onto a work surface and pinch perforations together to create a single sheet of dough. Spread half the cream cheese over the dough sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch margin all around. Sprinkle half the cooked sausage evenly over cream cheese. Roll dough up into a log, starting at a long edge; wrap log in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Repeat steps to make a second roll; wrap. Refrigerate rolls at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Unwrap rolls and cut each into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place slices onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pinwheels are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Calories: 308 kcal
Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
Cholesterol: 42 mg
Fat: 22.6 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 9.2 g
Sodium: 686 mg