Wonton cups are filled with a flavorful cheese and sausage mixture, then baked. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions, these lovely appetizers will be the first to disappear! Impressive, yet easy to make!
Original recipe makes 24 canapes
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
1 cup salsa
24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
3/4 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a miniature muffin pan.
- Place ground Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and remove from heat.
- Stir Monterey Jack cheese and Colby cheese into the warm sausage to melt. Stir in salsa.
- Gently press wonton wrappers into the prepared miniature muffin pan so that the edges are extending. Place a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each wonton wrapper.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until wonton edges begin to brown.
- Transfer baked filled wontons to a serving platter. Dollop each with approximately 1 tablespoon sour cream. Sprinkle with green onions.
Calories: 143 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6.8 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Fat: 10.5 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 5.4 g
Sodium: 285 mg