The traditional 7 layer dip can be rather fattening, so here is a fresher, lighter alternative. It requires a tad more work, but I assure you it is worth it! I always have people asking for this recipe.
Original recipe makes 40 servings
1 (8 ounce) container fat-free sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
5 dashes hot pepper sauce
1 lemon, juiced
2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
3 cups shredded lettuce
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (11 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 Roma (plum) tomato, chopped
- Mix together the sour cream, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, taco seasoning, hot pepper sauce, and 1/2 of the lemon juice in a bowl until well blended.
- In another bowl, mash the avocado with the remaining lemon juice; set aside.
- Spread the shredded lettuce over a 12-inch serving platter.
- Layer the black beans evenly on top, followed by the Mexican-style corn.
- Spread the prepared sour cream mixture over the corn.
- Gently spread the avocado mixture on top of the sour cream.
- Pour the salsa evenly over the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle the Mexican cheese blend, olives, green onions, and tomato on top.
Calories: 63 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7.9 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Fat: 2.9 g
Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 2.6 g
Sodium: 239 mg