At every family gathering, I am asked to make this dish. It’s so yummy, it’s always the first thing to go. Serve dip with chips or spread onto tortillas. It’s great when topped with guacamole!
Original recipe makes 24 servings
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa con queso
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 plum tomato, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and taco seasoning mix together in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef with the cumin, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Spread refried beans into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer ground beef mixture over refried beans, lightly pressing beef into beans; top with sour cream mixture.
- Stir salsa and salsa con queso together in a bowl; pour over sour cream mixture layer. Spread Mexican cheese blend, tomato, olives, and green onions, respectively, over sour cream mixture layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Calories: 229 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Fat: 16.2 g
Fiber: 2.9 g
Protein: 9.8 g
Sodium: 749 mg