This easy cake is made in the style of a tres leches cake but with pina colada flavor.
Original recipe makes 1 9×13-inch cake
1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix without pudding
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon toasted flaked coconut, or as desired
1 hr 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Stir yellow cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil in a bowl until moistened; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in crushed pineapple. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with moist crumbs, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove cake from oven.
- Whisk cream of coconut with milk in a bowl until smooth; pour mixture over hot cake. Allow cake to cool thoroughly.
- Whip cream in a mixing bowl with sugar, using an electric mixer, until whipped cream holds soft peaks. Frost top of cake with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Calories: 503 kcal
Carbohydrates: 63.8 g
Cholesterol: 83 mg
Fat: 26.5 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 4.6 g
Sodium: 337 mg