A tasty alternative to a traditional liver pate. Serve with crusty bread or pita chips. This can be prepared 24 hours ahead.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
1/2 teaspoon butter, or as needed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 shallot, minced
2 cups cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 teaspoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon melted butter
salt to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or as desired
1 pinch paprika, or as desired
1 hr 35 mins
- Lightly grease a serving bowl with butter.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet; add white pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Place the skillet over medium heat and warm the spices until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir shallot into the warm oil and spices; cook and stir until the shallot begins to change color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir cannellini beans and tomato paste into the shallot and spice mixture. Cook and stir while mashing the beans thoroughly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir sherry and soy sauce through the mashed bean mixture; cook until the liquid evaporates, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Stir melted butter through the bean mixture; season with salt. Pack the bean mixture into the prepared bowl.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour; garnish with parsley and paprika to serve.
Calories: 90 kcal
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Fat: 3.7 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 2.8 g
Sodium: 258 mg