Bread pudding, served warm with whipped cream, is delicious with white chocolate chips, cranberries, and cinnamon.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
6 cups cubed sourdough bread
2 cups white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries
Whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, milk, cream, eggs, and cinnamon until completely combined.
- Place bread in a large bowl. Pour milk mixture over bread, stirring gently. Set aside 20 to 30 minutes, occasionally pressing bread into milk mixture to soak completely.
- Gently stir white chocolate chips and cranberries into mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until bread pudding is firm and top is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Calories: 764 kcal
Carbohydrates: 105.8 g
Cholesterol: 190 mg
Fat: 32.9 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 15 g
Sodium: 458 mg