These crackers have a great nutty flavor. The recipe was adapted for non-gluten, low-carb ketogenic, or paleo diets. Just add some homemade guacamole or salmon cream cheese and enjoy a visit to heaven!
Original recipe makes 5 servings
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoons flax seed meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, walnuts, flax seed meal, and salt together in a bowl until well combined. Add water and olive oil; mix until dough is moist and holds together.
- Turn dough onto prepared baking sheet. Place a second piece of parchment over dough. Roll dough, using a rolling pin, into a 1/16-inch thick rectangle. Remove top piece of parchment paper and cut sides of dough to make an even rectangle. Add excess dough to corners or 1 end of rectangle and re-roll to uniform thickness.
- Cut dough into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter, keeping dough still attached.
- Bake in the preheated oven until outside edges of dough are browned, about 15 minutes. Cool crackers on the baking sheet; break into squares.
Calories: 184 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 16.2 g
Fiber: 3.1 g
Protein: 6 g
Sodium: 233 mg