Made especially for a paleo or ketogenic diet, as these are low in carbs but high in protein and fat. Also check out my ‘Polar Bear Bars’ and ‘The Bearette’s Croquettes’!
Original recipe makes 16 servings
1 tablespoon coconut oil
4 teaspoons chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 hr 30 mins
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion and garlic until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and slightly cool vegetables.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, flax seed meal, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a work surface and finely chop. Stir vegetable mixture into flour mixture; add eggs, water, and olive oil. Mix until dough is thoroughly combined and holds together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn dough onto the prepared baking sheet and press into a flat rectangle. Place a second sheet of parchment paper atop dough and roll dough between the 2 sheets until about 1/16-thick. Remove top parchment paper. Cut edges of dough to make an even rectangle. Add excess dough to 1 end of rectangle and re-roll into even thickness.
- Cut dough into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter, keeping dough together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely and break into squares.
Calories: 66 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Fat: 4.5 g
Fiber: 2.6 g
Protein: 2.3 g
Sodium: 82 mg