A very decadent cookie with chocolate chips and coconut to make an energy snack for any time of the day.
Original recipe makes 2 dozen cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Combine coconut, chocolate chips, oats, and sunflower seeds together in a separate bowl.
- Stir sugar and butter together in a third bowl using a spoon to break up butter and create a paste with sugar. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture using electric mixer on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Beat coconut mixture into creamed butter mixture until mixture is evenly combined. Mix flour mixture into coconut-butter mixture until dough is just combined. Drop small spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 170 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22.2 g
Cholesterol: 28 mg
Fat: 8.7 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Protein: 2.5 g
Sodium: 100 mg