Delicate, dark, rich, and tempting brownies that no one can resist are made with what you would not expect: Guinness® beer. Oh so good.
Original recipe makes 1 9×13-inch pan
cooking spray with flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dark cocoa powder (such as Hershey’s® Special Dark)
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (such as Ghirardelli®), chopped
3/4 cup white chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli®)
6 tablespoons butter at room temperature, cut into cubes
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 1/4 cups Irish stout beer (such as Guinness® Extra Stout), room temperature and foam skimmed off
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (such as Nestle® Toll House®)
1 tablespoon sifted confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
1 hr 25 mins
- Place oven rack in the center position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate chips, and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Remove from heat.
- Beat white sugar and eggs together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Slowly add melted chocolate mixture and beat until just combined. Add flour mixture, 2 to 3 tablespoons at a time, until just combined. Whisk in beer until batter is thin; fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle semisweet chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature; dust top with confectioners’ sugar.
Calories: 236 kcal
Carbohydrates: 27.9 g
Cholesterol: 44 mg
Fat: 13.1 g
Fiber: 2.4 g
Protein: 3.8 g
Sodium: 64 mg