Serve with yogurt and/or milk. One serving is pretty hefty for me, but it’s so low in calories, you can probably afford 2 servings at one go.
Original recipe makes 7 cups
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped cashews
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
5 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix oats, cashews, coconut, and mixed fruit together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir honey into melted butter until smooth; add oats mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle cocoa powder over the oats mixture; stir. Drizzle vanilla extract over the mixture; stir. Season mixture with a pinch of salt.
- Spread oats mixture in a single layer onto a baking sheet; toast in preheated oven, stirring once about halfway through, until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Cool oats mixture to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container, add chocolate chips, and stir.
Calories: 190 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25.2 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Fat: 9.2 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 4.4 g
Sodium: 98 mg