A dream of a bar cookie. Sweet with glacé cherries, coconut and chocolate chips. Bite into a square and dream away.
Original recipe makes 16 -2×2 inch squares
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup candied cherries, quartered
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter or margarine with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Stir in the vanilla and the flour. Press this mixture into the bottom of one ungreased 8×8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- To Make Topping: Beat the eggs and add 1 cup of the brown sugar. Stir in the 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, the baking powder, pinch salt, chopped walnuts, glace; cherries, coconut and chocolate chips. Spread mixture over the baked pastry.
- Return to the oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool then cut into squares.
Calories: 291 kcal
Carbohydrates: 38.8 g
Cholesterol: 42 mg
Fat: 15 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 3.4 g
Sodium: 106 mg