You’re sure to fall in ‘amor’ with this moist Dulce de Leche cake covered with creamy caramel frosting.
Original recipe makes 1 9×13 inch cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package Duncan Hines® Golden Yellow Cake Mix
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cups water
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
8 fluid ounces half-and-half
1 (16 ounce) can Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
1 (3 gram) packet Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Caramel Flavour Mix
1 day 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and half-and-half. Mix well.
- Let cake cool completely. Using a skewer, poke many holes in top of cake.
- Pour half of milk mixture over cake. Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining milk mixture.
- The next day, pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Caramel Flavour Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost chilled cake with the Caramel frosting you just created.
- Cut cake into squares. Put a few tablespoons of milk mixture in bottom of a shallow bowl. Place a piece of cake on top and serve.
Calories: 385 kcal
Carbohydrates: 52.4 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Fat: 17.2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 5.3 g
Sodium: 289 mg