Gluten-free cookies with the taste of coconut and lime. Grate the whole lime, use about half of it for the juice.
Original recipe makes 12 servings
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose baking flour
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat white sugar, oil, and egg together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Whisk flour, coconut, lime zest, and baking powder together in a separate bowl; stir into creamed mixture until dough is just combined. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are golden around the edges, about 8 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and lime juice together in a bowl until smooth; spread over each cookie.
Calories: 76 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Cholesterol: 18 mg
Fat: 3.9 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 0.7 g
Sodium: 17 mg