Delicious appetizer for a holiday party or family gathering.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
1/4 cup butter
4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 eggs, well beaten
1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini and onion until tender, about 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and oregano; stir to coat.
- Whisk eggs and mozzarella cheese together in a bowl. Stir zucchini mixture into egg mixture.
- Separate crescent dough into two rectangles and place into a 8×12-inch baking dish; press into bottom and slightly up sides of dish to form a crust. Spread mustard onto crust. Pour zucchini-egg mixture into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares or wedges.
Calories: 271 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16.2 g
Cholesterol: 86 mg
Fat: 17.7 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 11.6 g
Sodium: 647 mg