The creamy lemon and thyme sauce accents the flavor of the swordfish. If desired, garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of thyme.
Original recipe makes 4 servings
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 tablespoons skim milk
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
4 (4 ounce) swordfish steaks
1 cup water
1 bay leaf
1 pound fresh steamed asparagus tips
- In a blender or food processor, process the cottage cheese until creamy. Transfer the cottage cheese to a small bowl, and stir in the milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lemon juice, parsley, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon of the dried thyme. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the fish in an 8×8 inch baking dish. Pour the water and the remaining lemon juice into the dish. Place the bay leaf in the water, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme over the fish. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- When fish is done, transfer to a serving platter and arrange the asparagus next to the fish. Serve with the cottage cheese sauce.
Calories: 191 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7.2 g
Cholesterol: 46 mg
Fat: 5.2 g
Fiber: 2.6 g
Protein: 29 g
Sodium: 222 mg