I got this recipe when picking blueberries on the Mennonite farm when I was a little girl!
Original recipe makes 1 cobbler
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, cut into chunks
1/3 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 cups blueberries
1 tablespoon tapioca
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Cut 1/4 butter into flour mixture with two knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl; stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spread blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle tapioca powder over blueberries; drizzle lemon juice over the top. Dot remaining butter pieces over blueberries. Drop batter in mounds over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cobbler is golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Calories: 198 kcal
Carbohydrates: 33.3 g
Cholesterol: 33 mg
Fat: 6.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2.6 g
Sodium: 228 mg