Thinly sliced and seasoned eggplant that delivered a light crunch before a meal.
Original recipe makes 36 chips
3 eggplants, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1 1/2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 roma tomato, chopped
4 leaves basil, chopped
Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat an oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place sliced eggplant between paper towels and lightly press out the excess moisture. Arrange eggplant slices on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle slices with Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt and oregano, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until slices are browned and crisp, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sundried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, chopped roma tomato, and basil together in a bowl. Season with Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt and ground black pepper. Add more olive for a thinner spread, if necessary.
- Top the eggplant slices with some of the spread. Serve immediately to maintain the eggplant crispiness.
Calories: 222 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Cholesterol: 21 mg
Fat: 16.5 g
Fiber: 9.9 g
Protein: 4.6 g
Sodium: 615 mg